Customized individual, group, and inclusive programs are available year-round for all ages & abilities.
MAC programs follow PATH International standards for excellence and safety in therapeutic horsemanship. Therapists, instructors, horse leaders and side walkers assist clients as needed to accomplish goals within a safe and sensory-friendly setting. Mounted and unmounted sessions are available for all abilities, including independent & timid riders. Programs are facilitated by therapists and/or PATH riding instructors.
Individual Programs: Hippotherapy, therapeutic riding, equine facilitated learning, equine facilitated mental health, and recreational riding services.
Group Riding Programs: Semi-private & group riding sessions include therapeutic riding, equine facilitated learning, equine facilitated mental health, and recreational riding.
Experiential Learning and Therapeutic Focus Programs: Ground work (unmounted) &/or mounted programs are available in individual or group sessions.
- ABC’s of Horsepower: Agility, Balance, & Coordination will be emphasized via mounted activities to promote fitness & wellness. Stress reduction & relaxation strategies will also be incorporated.
- Equine Inspired Mindfulness: Therapy on horseback and equine-inspired mindfulness create a powerful healing session as the motion of the horse generates a deep sense of relaxation, and the connection with the horse draws in energy. Through mounted and groundwork activities that promote wellness, participants of all ages can discover the healing and empowering benefits of horsepower!
- Fitness and Wellness Via Horsepower: Discover the healing power of horses. Agility, balance, coordination, & core strength will be emphasized via mounted activities to promote fitness & wellness. Stress reduction & relaxation strategies will also be incorporated when indicated. Sessions are customized to be appropriate for all ages and abilities who want to improve their fitness and well-being; including those who have challenging health problems, pain, or stress due to conditions such as cancer, autoimmune disorders, arthritis, injuries, or aging.
- Growth and Healing Via Horse Sense and Horsepower: Discover the healing power of horses. For individuals who are struggling due to pain, stressors, grief, and/or challenging health problems.
- Horseplay and Horse Feathers Combining “horsepower” & farm life with therapy & learning makes horse sense! Discover the healing power of horses. For youth with attention, learning, or social interaction challenges. Options for ground work and mounted learning activities .
- Life Skills & Soft Skills: Deal effectively with the demands & challenges of everyday life by promoting psychosocial, interpersonal, & team building skills that result in adaptive and positive behavior for youth and families.
- “Muck Boot” Camp: Campers will learn life skills to effectively deal with the “muck” in life (i.e. challenging situations) through activities such as groundwork, riding, games, crafts, and options for service work. Engaging equine-centered activities will emphasize effective social skills, communication, teamwork, leadership, “herd dynamics”, empathy, & service to others. Sign up for one or multiple sessions with different themes & life lessons offered.
- Service to Others & Animals: Physical and spiritual fitness through actions and service through the volunteer program. “Great occasions for serving God come seldom, but little ones surround us daily”…especially at the Michigan Abilities Center and Heritage Hill Haven! St. Francis de Sales
- Yoga and Mindfulness Facilitated by Horse Sense and Horsepower: Therapy on horseback, incorporating yoga and equine-inspired mindfulness create a powerful healing session as the motion of the horse generates a deep sense of relaxation, and the connection with the horse draws in energy. Options for groundwork and mounted therapy and learning activities that promote wellness.
- MAC’s Special Events & Celebrations: See Events Page
Visit MAC’s registration page to register for an upcoming program. A screening evaluation will help determine the most appropriate program. Contact MAC to schedule a complimentary farm visit and learn about the benefits of “horsepower” and the therapeutic, educational, and recreational services offered at the Michigan Abilities Center and Heritage Hill Haven. Program enrollment is ongoing. Tuition varies depending on services, frequency, and duration.