HORSEPOWER: Therapeutic & Empowering
- Rhythmic tri-planar equine motion provides physical, neurologic, sensory, and cognitive therapeutic benefits that improve balance, coordination, fine and gross motor skills, functional activities, muscle tone and extensibility, postural control, range of motion, speech, timing, motor planning, endurance, and fitness.
- Equine-assisted activities are motivating & fun experiences that promote learning, focus, problem solving, organization, sensory integration, sequencing, social skills, self esteem & emotional well-being.
- Horses provide unconditional, non-judgemental interaction that promotes healing, trust, & positive herd dynamics.
- Horses have a way of breaking down barriers and defenses, reducing stress.
- Equine assisted therapies, including hippotherapy, therapeutic riding, equine facilitated learning, and other therapeutic and recreational activities are offered year-round for clients and their families.
- Clients of all ages with special needs are served with meaningful and enjoyable state of the art programs that focus on strengths and abilities, not disabilities.
- Customized therapeutic, educational, and recreational experiences utilize innovative and rewarding strategies to achieve meaningful goals.
Life skills and independence are promoted via applied learning and training opportunities.
- Precision Teaching & applied behavior analysis enhances learning, provides feedback, and objectively documents the efficacy of interventions.
- Physical therapy services, including hippotherapy, are provided by an experienced physical therapist to facilitate meaningful functional gains.
- Equine assisted therapies, including therapeutic riding and equine facilitated learning are provided by experienced therapeutic riding instructors.